Friday, October 30, 2009

THING 16

Library Thing....I have to admit that I am not much of a reader (sorry to all the librarians that are doing this class)! However, I must say that I did find this Library Thing website very helpful. I absolutely loved the Stephanie Meyer Twilight series and I loved the feature on the Library THing where you can type in a book that you have read and it suggests other books that you might like to read. I am also in graduate school and have to do a lot of research and I can see how this website will save my life with my upcoming thesis paper. I love to be able to type in topics and the websites do all the work for me!

As for my classroom, I am not sure how I would incorporate the Library Thing in math, but I can see how it would be extremely helpful for reading teachers, especially the group feature. You could have your students start their own group and list all of the books they read throughout the year as well as add a mini blog about what the book was about and what they enjoyed most about the book.




1 comment:

  1. It is a great way to get suggestions about the kind of books you do like to read. I think the social aspect is what's great and keeping up with your own reads.

    ReplyDelete