Tuesday, October 27, 2009

THING 13



I made images using the Trading Card Maker and Mosaic Maker. My image for the trading card is here with the fire background: This was actually really easy. You just click on this link: http://bighugelabs.com/deck.php and you can begin to upload your photos to whatever background and trading card you choose. I chose the fire background because this is a picture of my husband at his fire station. The next image I created was with Mosaic Maker. With the Mosaic Maker you can make a collage of all different kinds of photos, including your own photos in your library. I used two photos of me one of my wedding and the other of my wedding shower to create like a mini collage. The picture is to the left. It was also easy to create. You go back to the website: http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php. From here you just upload your own files to the mosaic maker or you can use some from Flickr. I found this to be a great experience because I felt one could use this for many uses in the classroom as well as personal uses. In the classroom, wouldn't this be a great way for students to add their own creativity to an assignment. For example, in math I could ask them to create a collage using the Mosaic Maker of all different equilateral triangles to see if they understand what an equilateral triangle is. I have found in education that the more students can add their own into an assignment, the better they do. For personal use, I found this very helpful. You could use the Trading Card maker to make shower invitations and such things and you would be able to add your own personal touch to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment