Monday, November 2, 2009

THING 17

PODCASTING....

I viewed several different podcasts including: Jamestown Elementary's Famous Americans Podcasts... I thought these were awesome because the students could put themselves into their learning and create their own podcasts. I absolutely loved these.

I also viewed Bob & Rob Show...Lesson 155. I thought these were quite interesting and educational as well.

The directory that I primarily used was the Education Podcast Network. I have never seen Podcasts used in an educational setting before so this was very exciting for me. I was able to find many great educational podcasts using this directory. I am curious to search other directories out there to see how informational they are as well.

I will definately begin to use Podcasting in my classroom as part of my attempt to make my classroom more technology friendly. As we have discussed before, students love to get involved when they can use technology. I plan on having my students create their own podcasts over Perimeter, Area, and Volume when we get to that chapter during the year. They will use their podcast to explain when to use perimeter, area, and volume.


No comments:

Post a Comment