Saturday, October 24, 2009

THING 11

This photo is by Uploaded on October 25, 2008
by Jürgen Kreileder Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkreileder/2973224980/

I loved this activity because there is so many wonderful photos that you can use for classroom projects/ideas/presentations. My idea for this photo was to use it when we start talking about Quadrilaterals to show them what parallel lines look like, especially a real world example which they all need. Another way I plan on using Flickr is when we start studying triangles, as well as three dimensional shapes so they can connect their learning with real world examples. I would not normally put so much effort into searching for photos for a lesson, but now that I have done it I can see how useful Flickr can be for educators.

1 comment:

  1. What if students used digital cameras around the school to find their own parallel lines?

    ReplyDelete