Sunday, October 25, 2009

THING 7B

When I was looking at classroom 2.0, the social networking site for teachers, I found a lady that asked for any pointers on going "paperless" in the classroom. Then I found a link to this Blog The Innovative Educator. It talks about this teacher in Manhattan that goes "green" in the classroom and the classroom becomes virtually paperless because everything is done through computers and via projectors. The students carry around a flash drive and all things are done via laptops. I found this an incredibly interesting thing. I thought I bet this classroom is incredibly engaging. No more pencils and paper and boring book that the students don't really care about, but fully engaging them in the technology that they are all accustomed to! I hope that this is going to be the wave of the future. I hope that all schools take a good hard look at this and realize the potential impact this could have on our students!

No comments:

Post a Comment