Monday, November 2, 2009

THING 20

GOOGLE DOCS.....

I really enjoyed playing around with the Google Docs program because I do not have Microsoft Office on my home computer, but like they said I can use this for free!!! Google Docs is very user friendly. I was able to figure out how to change the font, insert a table, change background colors very easily. It is pretty much the same as Microsoft Word. I find this a very useful tool for an education setting. I have come up with several uses for Google Docs in my classroom. First, I will have my students use Google Docs to explain in their own words a topic that we have recently covered. I will require them to use several different features, including insert a table, change the font color, as well as font sizes. Also, I will have them each create their own math quiz using Google Docs. Then they will share these quizzes with the other students. Each student will be required to find and complete two quizzes other than their own. Finally, I will use the spreadsheets in order to keep up with each of my students progress as we continue to grow closer to TAKS, including their milestone scores, as well as benchmark scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment