Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THING 21

GOOGLE TOOLS...

First I created a Google Calender in my Gmail account. Here is a link to it: GOOGLE CALNEDER FOR SHIANN SCHEU I desperately need to keep my everyday life mapped out in a calender. If I do not write it down, then I will forget it. This tool will be extremely helpful for me, particularly because it is mobile. I can access it from my phone and do not have to tote around an actual calender. Having students keep a Google calender would be helpful because at the middle school level (which is what I teach) students struggle with organization. I tell them everyday that it helps to write things down on a calender, especially things like science project due dates.

The second tool I chose to play around with was Google Custom Search. I set up a search for news on several different websites I chose and that I frequent. A link to my custom search is here: CUSTOMSEARCHPOLITIC This could be a great resource for student projects. If you only want them to look at particular sites, then you could set up this custom search engine before you give the students full reign on their projects to make sure they are only going to the particular websites and searching for a particular topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment