Monday, November 2, 2009

THING 19

VOICETHREAD.....

I watched many of the Voicethreads presented in Thing 19. I particularly liked the one titled, "WHAT IS A FUNCTION..." because I am a math teacher and have found my students greatly benefit from explicit instruction (word for word explanation) as is shown in this voicethread.

I also liked the one titled, MEASURING WEIRD OBJECTS because each student got to contribute something to the presentation using their very own voices.

I really liked this idea and look forward to incorporating it into my classroom. I feel that technology really gets the students going and when they get a chance to add their own touch to the assignments then they really get involved. I will use this along with the podcasts for my area, perimeter, and volume assignment that my students will do. I will have them add their voices to explain during their podcasts.

This is a great tool to get students involved and learning.

1 comment:

  1. And if you don't have microphones they can still contribute by typing.

    ReplyDelete