Monday, September 21, 2009

THING 1

It is amazing to me the technology that our 21st century learners have come to know and depend on. In fact, many of my students can tutor me on the technology i use in my classroom. It is so important for educators to incorporate the newest 21st century technologies, as this is what our kids are used to. Technology is a powerful tool to get the attention of our students, not to mention get the 21st learner engaged in learning rather than take a back seat.

It is undeniable that technology is going to become an integrated part of the classroom whether you like it or not, and why wouldn't educators want to use this engaging technology to better the education of our students. There are so many things you can do to make education come alive if you just try.

3 comments:

  1. I love what you said about your kids teaching you. I think we have to be open and learn from them too. I think they will learn more from us knowing we are just learners too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students are too young to be able to teach me - when it comes to technology - but both of my daughters can run circles around me with computers, ipods, phones, etc. I am trying to stay on top of things and create an exciting learning environment that is also informative for my kids. I tell them I am still learnning and we are never too young or old to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you about embracing technology. Technology will never go away and will continue to change on a daily basis and we must learn to adapt to the changes. Our students will more productive and become more involved with the use of technology.

    ReplyDelete