Wednesday, September 30, 2009

THING 4

I am knew to the world of blogging, and I am very impressed at the many things one can do with blogging. It is a wonderful way for different people to express their different ideas/opinions. I think that diversity is a wonderful thing, and we all have something to learn from everybody. Blogging is a great way to learn from others.

As a teaching tool, I think that blogging encourages students to take ownership of their learning. It is important that students have stock in their education, and having them blog is a innovative way to keep them involved in their education. As with this class, blogging takes some time to think and respond. After all, everyone can read your thoughts. I feel that blogging encourages ingenuity and thoughtfulness which is something that all of our students could benefit from.

2 comments:

  1. I really like what you said about students taking ownership of their learning. I am a firm believer that there are no two students who learn alike. In the education field, it is our responsibility to reach each and every student. With so many different possibilities in technology, there has to be a way for each student to latch on and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our students would participate more to be able to comment anonymously too. I know commenting was a real struggle for me but I have gotten better with practice. (i think) :-)

    ReplyDelete